[CentOS] Can't connect to torrent tracker

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Tue Dec 18 23:46:20 UTC 2007

William L. Maltby wrote:
> I'm running a port scan right now. So far, http and rsync are the only
> porst found open. The torrent file show port 6969 - but I don't know for
> sure if that represents the source port or a port I'm supposed to use
> because I don't have the layout of the torrent file. But I do see this
> in the torrent file:
>
>     d8:announce39:http://torrent.centos.org:6969/announce13: ...

your torrent client can use any port it wants to, it has to be able to
accept connections on that port, so whatever port you configure it for,
you enable in your firewall, (or port forward if you have a consumer
internet sharing appliance router)

the port in the torrent file is the tracker port, this is seperate.