[CentOS] Can't connect to torrent tracker

William L. Maltby CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Wed Dec 19 00:37:17 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-12-18 at 16:12 -0800, John R Pierce wrote:
> as I said prematurely, it appears the tracker is down, HOWEVER...  my
> uTorrent (MS Windows based) client is nicely finding 107 peers using
> distributed tracking techniques (which I don't fully understand)
>
> I'm getting wire speeds just a few minutes after connecting.

Earlier, I tried using the rtorrent  "enable_trackers=no" setting, but
the man page says its useful for use with the scheduler. It had no
effect on my attempts.

Anybody know how I can do the equivalent "distributed" for CentOS on 4.6
or 5.1? ATM, trying what I can recognize in the rtorrent man page, I've
not seen anything that my knowledge allows me to interpret as being able
to run so far.

> <snip sig stuff>

Off to eat, back shortly.

Thanks,