[CentOS] Problem after crash during yum update

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Wed Dec 19 19:49:28 UTC 2007

On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 02:14:51PM -0500, Alfred von Campe alleged:
> I was doing a "yum -y update" on a CentOS 4.5 system to get to 4.6
> when my system froze.  I couldn't ping it nor switch to an alternate
> console.  It was completely frozen.  The only recourse was to cycle
> the power.  So I did that, and now when I try to do a "yum update" I
> get the following error:

You have dup rpms installed because of the crash in the middle of the rpm
transaction.

You need to go through and remove the dups.

Something like this will help find the dups:
  rpm -qa --qf '%{NAME}.%{ARCH}\n' | sort | uniq -c | sort -n