[CentOS] 5.0->5.1 upgrade problems SOLVED (kindof)

Andreas Kuntzagk andreas.kuntzagk at mdc-berlin.de
Fri Dec 21 15:41:43 UTC 2007

> > I finally solved my update problems by using rpm command. I found that I
> > had 2 versions of e2fsprogs installed, one ending with EL4. Don't know
> > where this came from, because there was never a EL4 on this machine. But
> > when I removed it, yum update run fine.
>
> thats the i386 package that seemed to be getting excluded, based on your
> paste earlier in the thread.

Sorry, I don't get your message. Do you mean I somehow manage to exclude
the i386 package from updating and that caused my problems? But how did
I exclude it? I did not specify an exclude on command line or config
file either.

Please enlighten me further. (This thing has helped me already to get
better knowledge of yum :-)

Andreas