[CentOS] saslauth in postfix 2.2 on CentOS 4

David Hrbáč hrbac.conf at seznam.cz
Sat Dec 22 16:12:59 UTC 2007

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu napsal(a):
> That would be ideal, but I have virtual users, and dovecot is managing
> them.
>
> I've done some reading, and it doesn't look like I'll be able to use
> dovecot for the sasl auth.  I would have to upgrade postfix and dovecot
> on this CentOS 4 box to an unsupported version.  Damn.

Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by managed with dovecot...
If you mean that you have users in DB (mysql, etc.) I do not see any
reason why wouldn't postfix authorise users itself. BTW despite of I'm
great TLS fan, as I maintain TLS EL4/5 packages for FTP, HTTP
http://fs12.vsb.cz/hrb33/el4/hrb-tls/stable/i386/repodata/ , with SMTP I
would recommend to stick SSL and dovecot-0.99.11-8.EL4 works smoothly
with imaps, pop3s.
David