[CentOS] Re: CentOS-5 Need Help With Serial Ports

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Sun Dec 23 21:42:28 UTC 2007

Thank you for all of the hints and advice.  I have modified
/etc/sysconfig/kernel and again altered the CentOS-Base.repo to fetch the
kernel from the mainline repository rather than from Plus.  I cleared out
the rmp database kernel entry and installed the "real" kernel via yum,
checked that grub.conf was ok, rebooted and all seems good.

Can someone point me towards a document detailing the function, settings,
and syntax of /etc/sysconfig/kernel.  I tried to locate this via google
and apropos but came up with just a few oblique references and no
substantive documentation.

Regards,

Canada  L8E 3C3