Solved - Re: [CentOS] boot hangs on trying to start sendmail

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Dec 27 15:19:29 UTC 2007

After a wait of about 5 min, the boot moved on to hang on sm-client.
When that finally timed out, I was able to log in.

The problem was indirectly DNS.

When I had configured the 2nd interface (which I added in the last
reboot), I included a gateway address. Then when I booted, there were
two interfaces each with their gateway address. Well the second
(non-existant) one was used, so no access to the DNS server.

It is those beartraps you know about that get you every time.