[CentOS] xen dependencies

Joseph L. Casale

jcasale at ActiveNetwerx.com
Sat Dec 29 06:03:52 UTC 2007

It appears that if I perform an install of CentOS 5.1 without changing *anything* in the options, then do a #yum groupinstall 'Virtualization' I can now get Xen to function in bridged mode (it has network connectivity). In lieu of this, can anyone shed some light on what dependency Xen has that is not installed when you do a completely bare install and execute a #yum install xen? I am hoping to finally end up with a minimum install of CentOS with Xen functioning without a gui or any additional services that won't be needed.

Thanks!
jlc