[CentOS] OpenMPI not compiled with Torque support

James A. Peltier jpeltier at cs.sfu.ca
Sat Dec 29 06:38:55 UTC 2007

nate wrote:
> While I don't use OpenMPI, I do compile quite a few source rpms and
> distribute them to my systems. It probably wouldn't be hard to build
> rpms from the SRPMS with the option your looking for. Probably would
> want to adjust the version so it's high enough that yum will never
> replace it. In Debian you can put a package on 'hold' so it won't
> get updated, I haven't found an equivalent in RPM/yum.
>
> Probably not worth filing a bug with Red Hat, they won't do anything
> with it likely until RHEL 6. By then they may decide to include it
> anyways(not knowing what OpenMPI or Torque support is off the top of
> my head I don't know how likely this would be).
>
> nate

I am working on this now, however, it was just "odd" that SLURM and SGE
support was compiled but not Torque.  Neither SGE nor SLURM are
available as part of base or updates, so I wondered why they were
included and not Torque.

BTW: OpenMPI is a library used for writing parallel programs using the
quite popular Message Passing Interface (MPI).  Torque is used for batch
scheduling said MPI jobs, or any job for that matter.