[CentOS] Xen Networking Issue with CentOS 5.1

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at ActiveNetwerx.com
Sat Dec 29 16:18:28 UTC 2007

>No. I never experienced loss of networking in the Dom0. My guess is that your bridge interface isn't configured correctly. There's a bunch of good >documentation on how Xen uses the different network interfaces.  http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenNetworking helped me understand it better.

I have read that over a few times now, but it misses the real fundamental elements that I am trying to learn now. Finally, installing CentOS without modifying _any_ defaults then logging in and performing a #yum install xen works? Problem is I don't want such a large bloated install, I had hoped for a minimal install but I am yet to deduce why the networking issue crops up repeatedly unless I install the defaults?

Do you know why the virbr0 in my system gets an IP not on my subnet, I only have one dhcp server which is scoped inside my subnet, obviously!

Soo confused :)

jlc