[CentOS] OpenMPI not compiled with Torque support

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Sat Dec 29 16:49:10 UTC 2007

On Fri, Dec 28, 2007 at 11:09:25PM -0600, Johnny Hughes alleged:
> James A. Peltier wrote:
> > The OpenMPI package that ships with CentOS 5.1 does not seem to be
> > compiled with torque support.  It does, however, seem to be compiled
> > with gridengine and slurm support.  Would it be possible to get this
> > changed?
>
> Unfortunately we compile with exactly the same options as upstream to be
> compatible ... so the only way to get it in base centos that way is to
> convince the upstream people to add it.

Hi, I'm the torque maintainer.

Before the Fedora core+extras merge, torque was in extras and openmpi was in
core; making torque support in openmpi impossible.

Now, Fedora 8 and newer have openmpi built with torque support.

I assume RHEL6 will inherit this.