[CentOS] Firewall builder - which rpm?

Robert Moskowitz

rgm at htt-consult.com
Sun Dec 30 05:09:05 UTC 2007

I need a decent, easy, firewall on Centos.  This is for test systems, so
I do not need a lot.  For 'a lot', I use and Astaro firewall.

I had used Firestarter once, but found out that it cannot handle routing
between a public and private network.  Basically saying this is
impossible.  Of course, if your private network is addressed per RFC
1918 (that I co-authored), I can understand the difficulty, but
otherwise....

Anyway, I found firehol, but this is rather confusing.  ( how do I
define a service like for port 5903?  What about UDP for RTP? How do I
run the thing?)

There have been people here mentioning Firewall Builder, and that seems
be well documented, except which rpm I should grab for Centos 5.

I am looking over at http://www.fwbuilder.org/ and
http://www.fwbuilder.org/nightly_builds/build-329/ for rpms, but which
one? fedora-c5 ?

thanks.