[CentOS] nForce 630i Chipset, unable to get integrated nic working

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Sun Dec 30 15:31:57 UTC 2007

David Levinger wrote on Sat, 29 Dec 2007 15:30:34 -0800:

> I've also tried with Nvidia's forcedeth module to no avail.

This driver is not from Nvidia! It's a back-engineered driver and doesn't
necessarily support the latest hardware. Check the Nvidia site (not the
Realtek site!) for the latest Linux drivers. You will have to recompile
the kernel module with each updated kernel.

> Do I need a newer version of the forcedeth driver?

You could check their website if the latest version supports what the
current Centos 5 version doesn't (yet).

Read the thread from Dec. 28 starting with MID
<1779.10.1.1.17.1198860842.squirrel at www.arcoscom>?

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany