[CentOS] 1680x1050 Monitor

centos at 911networks.com

Mon Dec 31 06:03:20 UTC 2007

Hi,

I just got a new Samsung 226bw 22" wide monitor to replace my
previous one. I also have a nvidia 8600gts video card.

I can set interactively [through the nvidia-settings utility] the
1680 by 1050 resolution. I have saved the settings in the
xorg.conf, but I can't keep it after a restart of X or a reboot.
When I restart X, the login is at: 1680 by 1050, then it switches
to 1280 by 1024.

Here are the video sections from my xorg.conf

Any suggestion with what's wrong?

Section "Module"
    Load           "glx"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Videocard0"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
    BoardName      "GeForce 8600 GTS"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen0"
    Device         "Videocard0"
    Monitor        "Monitor0"
    DefaultDepth    24
    Option         "TwinView" "0"
    Option         "metamodes" "1680x1050 +0+0"
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
    EndSubSection
EndSection