[CentOS] Firewall frustration

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Dec 31 14:33:11 UTC 2007

Peter Farrell wrote:
> "Problem is I want a REAL router/firewall with little work."
>
> Run a smoothwall installtion and replace your CentOS install.
>
> http://www.smoothwall.org/

well first challenge is my unit's USB ethernet dongles. Centos uses the
RTL 8150 driver for them. Smoothwall only lists the RTL 8129, 8139, and
8169...

So have to see what info I can get on their website. Astaro 6 cannot
recognize the dongles either. Shorewall still looks like an option. I do
have Centos (and DSL) on these units....