[CentOS] how to get the source for installed RPM (CUPS)

Mon Dec 3 10:09:02 UTC 2007
Ulrik S. Kofod <usk at cybersite.dk>

I would like to change a few things in CUPS, but I would prefer to use the source
for the version of CUPS that I already have installed using yum. Mostly because I'm
quite happy with the way it works except a few details.

Is there a way to get the source using yum or should I go to
http://www.cups.org/software.php and get it from there ?

The version I installed with yum is 1.1.22 and on http://www.cups.org/software.php
the best match is 1.1.23.

Or would you suggest I go with the latest version released on
http://www.cups.org/software.php ?

This is the first time I feel the need to change something so I'm not quite sure how
to start out on this and I don't want to spend a lot of time on the wrong source
code.

best regards
Ulrik