[CentOS] Tons of SNMP ?errors? in /var/log/messages

Wed Dec 12 01:05:12 UTC 2007
Timothy Selivanow <timothy.selivanow at virtualxistenz.com>

I'm running up-to-date CentOS 5 w/ Xen.  I'm getting tons (tons = 13787
just yesterday, presumably because I have a monitoring system poll every
5 minutes) of log entries of the following:

netsnmp_assert index == tmp failed if-mib/data_access/interface.c:467
_access_interface_entry_save_name()

and

netsnmp_assert rc == 0 failed if-mib/ifTable/ifTable_data_access.c:209
_check_interface_entry_for_updates()

When I do an SNMPWalk, everything looks ok (now that IPv6 is back on) on
the host doing the walking, but on the other side it is spewing the
above messages.  I have not been able to find out anything about these.
I had IPv6 turned off (by the "alias net-pf-10 off" method), but in
troubleshooting these messages I turned it back on (because there were
other snmpd messages complaining about unable to find ipv6 entries).

Anyone have some knowledge about this?

--Tim
/ No one regards what is before his feet; we all gaze at the stars. \
\                 -- Quintus Ennius                                 /
  \
   \   \
        \ /\
        ( )