[CentOS] Filesystem for Maildir

Mon Dec 3 06:32:03 UTC 2007
Christopher Chan <christopher at ias.com.hk>

Heitor A. M. Cardozo wrote:
> Christopher Chan wrote:
>> Heitor A. M. Cardozo wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> A draft with results of my benchmark based on fsbench is available in
>>> http://www.htiweb.inf.br/benchmark/fsbench.htm.
>>>
>>> The methodology and the conclusion i will publish later, however, it
>>> shows that the XFS obtained better performance and EXT3 had results
>>> that can now compete in this environment.
>>
>> Thank you very much Heitor. May I trouble you to publish the files
>> that fsbench outputs or at least the summary files?
>>
> Ok Christopher, now the tests are available for download on site.
>
> Any suggestions you may have to improve this benchmark are much
> appreciated.

Well...creating graphs like the ones Bruce made would be nice...

I am writing an awk script to pull out the averages from the summary
file. I already have the reader times done, all I need to do is get the
averages for the writers and then calculate the deliveries per second
for the different number of writers being invoked.

One thing that I do have in mind due to curiosity is what ext3j would
look like...

regards,

Christopher