[CentOS] Cannot boot after upgrading to Centos 5.1

Mon Dec 3 13:58:44 UTC 2007
Mogens Kjaer <mk at crc.dk>

Alain Spineux wrote:
> On Dec 3, 2007 2:40 PM, Mogens Kjaer <mk at crc.dk> wrote:
>> My local centos mirror (ftp.crc.dk) failed to boot
>> after having upgraded from centos 5.0 to 5.1 (i386).
>>
>> It just displays
>>
>> GRUB
>>
>> The cursor is positioned to the right of a space after
>> GRUB, and no input is accepted.
>>
>> I've tried booting in rescue mode and run:
>>
>> chroot /mnt/sysimage
>> grub-install /dev/cciss/c0d0
>>
>> This completes without errors, but still it can't boot.
>>
>> It's a HP/Compaq Proliant ML370 with a smartarray 5312 controller.
>
> Maybe the the module is not included into the new initrd image (if you
> have upgraded your kernel too)

I don't think this is relevant; grub doesn't get as far as to load
either the kernel nor the initrd.

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk