[CentOS] Clustering MySQL

Tue Dec 11 18:39:42 UTC 2007
J. Potter <jpotter-centos at codepuppy.com>

> ...  But I saw a presentation at the Boston MySQL Meetup.com
> group about how to do master-master in mysql 5.  We're about to
> implement this in the next few weeks.  ...

I've run into issues with crash recovery in master-master mode:

  - master A is at position X
  - master B, replicating from A, gets to position X
  - master A syncs to its filesystem that it's at position X

  - master A receives some inserts, and is now at position Y
  - master B, replicating from A, gets to position Y
  - master A crashes before the position gets synced to filesystem
  - master A gets rebooted, recovers from innodb log, but has itself
only marked at position X
  - master B requests position Y from master A, but that position
doesn't exist yet, so replication breaks.

Perhaps someone here knows the proper recovery procedure at this point?

best,
Jeff