[CentOS] What is equivalent to MS OUTLOOK ?

Thu Dec 13 03:39:06 UTC 2007
Michael A. Peters <mpeters at mac.com>

On Thu, 2007-12-13 at 08:41 +0530, Indunil Jayasooriya wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am looking for an open source email client package that is
> equivalent to MS OUTLOOK.
>
> Clients are running Windows XP and Vista and Linux. So the package
> should be able to run on both Windows And Linux.
>
> Mail server is running Ms Exchange.

I would use Outlook for the Windows clients if the server is running
Exchange.

I don't think there is a OSS solution that runs well on all platforms.
Evolution may work for your Linux clients, but I don't think it has full
outlook capabilities.

Personally I prefer imap - imap works well with a lot of mail clients,
including thunderbird, which runs on most platforms.

But if you are running exchange for some specific features of exchange -
your best bet may be Outlook on Windows and Outlook via CrossOver Office
on Linux.