[CentOS] file or website upload scripts / programs and security protection

Fri Dec 14 21:17:13 UTC 2007
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

On Dec 14, 2007 12:51 PM, Robert - elists <lists07 at abbacomm.net> wrote:
> Holiday Greetings!
>
> Ummmmm scenario is centos 4.5 standard apache webserver
>
> I have a client that is really struggling with website file upload concepts.
>
> Ive been googling for some scripts or other programs that allow uploading of
> files to proper directory(ies) after authentication
>
> I am definitely concerned about security issues of course.
>
> I have never implemented this before because everyone I have ever given a
> web address, a login, a password, and directory structure understood what
> was going on.... till now...
>
> Would someone consider and please share url's or other info about what
> solutions they have implemented for the website upload technically
> challenged?
>
> We do not mind paying if we need to get something that also helps create
> excellent yet basic websites on the fly too.
>
> Thanks!

Rather than open up directories, you might want to have a look at
typolight.org, or typo3.org. They have some decent stuff which allows
just about anyone of any skillset to create a web page. Those are by
no means the only options, and you may want to have a look at
http://www.opensourcecms.com/

They have a number of options there which you can 'try before you buy'.

George Orwell