[CentOS] Digest Subcriber needs help with SELinux file context setting

Tue Dec 18 19:06:50 UTC 2007
Filipe Brandenburger <filbranden at gmail.com>

Hi,

I'm no SELinux expert, but I think the issue is that under SELinux's
targeted policy, Apache will refuse to write to a directory with etc_t type.
It can, however, write to a directory with the httpd_log_t type, such as
/var/log/httpd. Couldn't you just write the logs to /var/log/httpd instead?
As these seem to be logs, writing them under the /var/log directory tree
seems to be more appropriate.

Alternatively, you can change the type of the directory you're writing to by
using "chcon -t httpd_log_t /etc/httpd/virtual.d", but if you have other
files (other than these log files) on this directory you may have other
unexpected collateral effects.

Please note that I'm no SELinux expert though.

Regards,
Filipe