[CentOS] Can't connect to torrent tracker

Tue Dec 18 23:37:24 UTC 2007
William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>

On Tue, 2007-12-18 at 15:06 -0800, Florin Andrei wrote:
> William L. Maltby wrote:
> > Well, yesterday my 5.1 and 4.6 systems could connect to
> >
> >   torrent.centos.org
> >
> > OK. Today neither system can connect. I can ping, but that's all. No
> > changes were made to the firewall during this time.
> >
> > Any tips on debugging this?
>
> Is Comcast your Internet provider?

No. Almost as bad? Time-Warner cable. But I suspect it's not them.
Yesterday was OK, today no. Also, for the 5.0 amd 4.5 releases, I was
able to download and share the stuff via torrent.

I guess they could have changed there blockings since then though.

I'm running a port scan right now. So far, http and rsync are the only
porst found open. The torrent file show port 6969 - but I don't know for
sure if that represents the source port or a port I'm supposed to use
because I don't have the layout of the torrent file. But I do see this
in the torrent file:

    d8:announce39:http://torrent.centos.org:6969/announce13: ...

So I'm betting that's the source port.

Thanks for replying,