[CentOS] Torrent: reminder to use it folks!

Tue Dec 18 19:05:26 UTC 2007
John Bowden <j-alan at btconnect.com>

On Monday 17 December 2007 23:24:01 Johnny Hughes wrote:
> Kenneth Porter wrote:
> > --On Monday, December 17, 2007 5:10 PM -0500 "William L. Maltby"
> >
> > <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com> wrote:
> >> Well, there's so few going right now that I'm showing 38 days to get the
> >> DVD. My normal dnld from a mirror travels appx. 600Mb/sec.
> >>
> >> I'll wait until most of the U.S. goes home before I give up and use the
> >> normal download though.
> >
> > Is there an issue with the tracker? I just restarted my CentOS 5.0 DVD
> > torrent (I updated to 5.1 via yum) and am getting "connection refused"
> > from the tracker. torrentinfo-console shows this as the tracker URL:
> >
> > <http://torrent.centos.org:6969/announce>
> >
> > The 5.0 DVD torrent can be found here:
> >
> > <http://mirrors.easynews.com//linux/centos/5.0/isos/i386/CentOS-5.0-i386-
> >bin-DVD.torrent>
>
> We only have the latest (5.1, 4.6) isos on the tracker now.

I can up load a .torrent file to the thepiratebay if that helps. I'm sharing
both 5 and as of Sunday night 5.1. I still see a few people dl 5 off me and
will keep sharing it as long as its being down loaded.

--
Guy Fawkes, the only man to enter the house's of Parliament
with honest intentions, (he was going to blow them up!)