[CentOS] system hibernating?

Tue Dec 25 15:10:49 UTC 2007
Thomas Dukes <tdukes at sc.rr.com>

Hi Phil,

Hope youi had better luck than I did.  Already had the latest bios
installed.  I disabled the APM and added pci=noacpi to the end of the kernel
line in grub.conf.

Got up this morning and it was the same.

Let me know how it turned out for you.

Thanks,

Thomas

PS  Merry Christmas!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf
Of Phil Savoie
Sent: Monday, December 24, 2007 3:17 PM
To: centos at centos.org
Subject: Re: [CentOS] system hibernating?

Hi Thomas,

I may have a solution which I found on an Ubuntu list.  Seems that my BIOS
needed upgrading as it wasn't the latest.  This is what the ubuntu list
indicated as to what the underlying problem was.  I just upgraded my bios
just now and will see what happens, i.e., if it slows down again.

For your info, please start here:

Then go here for the bios update; I used the cdrom image...

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndo
cid=MIGR-42952

Regards,

Phil

On December 24, 2007, Thomas Dukes wrote:
> I have a netvista and have not been able to upgrade my kernel since
> 2.9.9-34.0.2.  I wouldn't call it hibernating, just after a long
> period of idle time (overnight), it runs really
sloooooooooooooooooooooooow.