[CentOS] Natulius CD burner does not accept my 700Mb CD-R disks

Wed Dec 26 18:16:18 UTC 2007
William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>

On Wed, 2007-12-26 at 12:14 -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> They are all there.  See below
>
> William L. Maltby wrote:
> ><snip>

> > Almost forgot. IIRC, usb devices are always scsi. My usb flash drives
> > all appear as scsi. So we can be certain that you need a scsi stack of
> > loadable modules similar to the ones on my system that I showed earlier.
> >
> > On my 4.x, the only machine I have the flash drives in ATM), I see
> >
> >     sd_mod                 17345  4
> >     usb_storage            60937  2
> >     scsi_mod              125901  2 sd_mod,usb_storage
> >     uhci_hcd               31705  0
> >     ehci_hcd               31429  0
> >
> > out of lsmod. I'm pretty sure you'll need those. But my usb is 2.0, so
> > I'm not sure about the to *_hcd modules. I think those were common among
> > the 1.x -> 2.x versions of usb.
> Module                  Size  Used by
> autofs4                24517  2
> sunrpc                144253  1
> ip_conntrack_ftp       11697  0
> ip_conntrack_netbios_ns     6977  0
> ipt_REJECT              9537  1
> xt_state                6209  15
> ip_conntrack           53025  3
> ip_conntrack_ftp,ip_conntrack_netbios_ns,xt_state
> nfnetlink              10713  1 ip_conntrack
> xt_tcpudp               7105  17
> iptable_filter          7105  1
> ip_tables              17029  1 iptable_filter
> x_tables               17349  4 ipt_REJECT,xt_state,xt_tcpudp,ip_tables
> dm_multipath           21577  0
> video                  19269  0
> sbs                    18533  0
> backlight              10049  0
> i2c_ec                  9025  1 sbs
> button                 10705  0
> battery                13637  0
> asus_acpi              19289  0
> ac                      9157  0
> lp                     15849  0
> sr_mod                 19941  0
> sg                     36061  0
> floppy                 57125  0
> ata_piix               18629  0
> libata                115961  1 ata_piix
> e100                   36809  0
> mii                     9409  1 e100
> pcspkr                  7105  0
> i2c_piix4              12237  0
> i2c_core               23745  2 i2c_ec,i2c_piix4
> serio_raw              10693  0
> usb_storage            76577  0
> scsi_mod              133069  4 sr_mod,sg,libata,usb_storage
> parport_pc             29157  1
> parport                37513  2 lp,parport_pc
> ide_cd                 40033  0
> cdrom                  36705  2 sr_mod,ide_cd
> dm_snapshot            20709  0
> dm_zero                 6209  0
> dm_mirror              28741  0
> dm_mod                 58201  7 dm_multipath,dm_snapshot,dm_zero,dm_mirror
> ext3                  123337  2
> jbd                    56553  1 ext3
> ehci_hcd               32973  0
> ohci_hcd               23261  0
> uhci_hcd               25421  0
> <snip>

Then, I'm almost out of ideas.

It seems to come down to either the scsi_hostadapter entry (see

    /usr/share/doc/kudzu-1.1.95.23/README

or something else. Maybe the power/(dis)connect/reboot sequence Scott
suggested will work.

Also, "man kudzu" and then run it with everything hooked up? If all is
weel with your system, I guess it would add the scsi_hostadapter entry?
Of course, that appeared only on my 5.1 with the via chip set. It may be
a result of this

    /usr/share/doc/xcdroast-0.98a15/README.atapi

since my unit is ATAPI.

Aha! Saw your "Trouble ... River City" reply to Scott. Your giving away
our age! ;-=)

Timing's good though. I must now break off and do some things I've
procrastinated about for over two weeks.

Please post results. I'll be interested to hear.

--
Bill