[CentOS] Installation problems Cisco VPN Client

Fri Dec 28 20:47:31 UTC 2007
nate <centos at linuxpowered.net>

Saurabh Sharma wrote:

> Any one using Cisco VPN Client

Try vpnc, for me it works a lot better than the Cisco vpn client
which while I got it to compile fine, when I connect it spits out
a generic, useless error and refuses to connect to the remote site.

http://www.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/~massar/vpnc/

I've been using it several times a week for about 6 months now under
Ubuntu. It uses a generic tunneling(tun I believe) driver included
in the kernel. Only issue I have had is sometimes it doesn't want
to work over my sprint wireless broadband(I think the latency is
too high for it), typically after retrying a couple times it works.
Over my 1Mbit DSL at home it's rock solid stable. There's even a
GUI component for the Gnome network manager if you prefer(I use the
CLI since I don't use Gnome).

I don't see a package for CentOS in the default v5 distribution, but
there may be an RPM out there that is compatible some place, if
you don't want to compile it.

nate