[CentOS] Re: Kernel panic kickstarting to CentOS 4

Cynthia Kiser cnk at caltech.edu
Mon Feb 5 23:07:19 UTC 2007

Quoting Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>:
> First thing... The motherboard in the link does NOT support 2 processors. Did
> you send wrong link?

No just having a blond moment. Am I mistaken about the error message
about smp_lock being for dual processor support?

> Did you try installing with less memory?

No. Unless there is reason to suppect the panic is about memory, I
would be reluctant to try that experiment. For one thing, the servers
are not convenient to re-rack and they would be more use to me as
CentOS 3 boxes with 3G of memory than as CentOS 4 boxes with less RAM.

> See if you can boot from the 4.4 live CD.

Just burned one. Off to give it a try.
--
Cynthia Kiser
cnk at caltech.edu