[CentOS] imap pop3 servers

Black Hand yonsy at blackhandchronicles.homeip.net
Tue Feb 6 02:05:18 UTC 2007

On Thursday 01 February 2007 10:40:21 am Doc Schneider wrote:

> Is there some place I can get uw's imap or do I need to settle for using
> something like Dovecot? (Which doesn't support procmail AFAICT)

i normally prefer to migrate to cyrus instead than dovecot. The problems that
i will not have in migration i will have in production.

Now, in two productions systems, migrated from CentOS3/RHEL3 to CentOS4, we
copy all mbox files and the files in the $HOME directory files that use
uwimap, and did use the uwimap packages fron CentOS3 inside CentOS 4. We only
need to install the gcc compatibility package, and manually install the
uwimap rpms. One system is running more than a year and without problems (the
migration to cyrus was retarded because the system is working too well) the
other system was migrated to cyrus a month ago, but in the eight months in
operations works flawlessly

--
Black Hand