[CentOS] qmail on CentOS 4.4

Jeff jpotter-centos at codepuppy.com
Tue Feb 6 17:44:00 UTC 2007

Hi Will --

We switched to Courier (http://www.courier-mta.org/) several years
back, having used qmail before that. We've found that it suites our
needs very well. It behaves a lot like qmail with respect to .qmail
files and its control files, and avoids many of the issues (both
technical and otherwise) with (an unpatched) qmail.

It's even possible to run ezmlm-idx for inbound mail under Courier;
one does have to do an install of qmail for outbound stuff. (Make
sure to add smtproute info into qmail so it doesn't attempt local
delivery for outbound messages that are local.) Having qmail for
outbound ezmlm stuff has the side benefit of creating a second queue,
so that normal Courier users don't have their messages competing with
the list traffic.

best,
Jeff