[CentOS] Support of Marvel Yukon Gigabit Ethernet

Greg Bailey gbailey at lxpro.com
Wed Feb 7 17:57:43 UTC 2007

devel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Marvel Yukon Gigabit Ethernet is supported by CentOS ?

It's supported, but the current kernel has a relatively old version of
the "sky2" driver.  If you restart networking a couple of times (for
example) you'll likely encounter a kernel panic.  I've had a ticket open
with Red Hat since November for this issue.  They say there will be an
errata kernel "real soon now"...  In the meantime, I've had success with
the test kernels available from:

http://people.redhat.com/~jbaron/rhel4/RPMS.kernel/

-Greg