[CentOS] Named Troubles

Matt

lm7812 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 21:25:02 UTC 2007

I did a CentOS 4.4 fresh server install.  Using it to run Squid.
Named is also running but I get this error.

[root at sj ~]# /etc/init.d/named status
rndc: connection to remote host closed
This may indicate that the remote server is using an older version of
the command protocol, this host is not authorized to connect,
or the key is invalid.
[root at sj ~]# /etc/init.d/named restart
Stopping named:                                            [  OK  ]
Starting named:                                            [  OK  ]
[root at sj ~]#

All I want it a caching DNS server for Squid and a few hundred
computers to use.  Is this error going to be an issue?  If so, how do
I fix it?

Matt