[CentOS] problem with CentOS Live CD booting

Dale

lists at ehome.net
Sat Feb 10 06:21:00 UTC 2007

Hi all,

Trying to boot a server with the CentOS 4.4 LiveCD (have a crashed HD
that I am trying to recover data from).

The CD boots fine, gets past asking for the keyboard type, then asks for
a password. It will stay at the login prompt for a few seconds, then
whether I type anything or not, it gives a fast error message, something
about mixer not attached (it goes by too fast to read the entire thing),
the CD spins a bit then I get a blank screen and nothing else.

Anyone have any ideas?

I have even tried this on with the drives removed.

The machine is am HP LP1 Netserver, dual PIII 1ghz processors 3.25gb ram
and when installed, SCSI drives.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dale