[CentOS] How to setup viralator

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Sat Feb 10 12:43:33 UTC 2007

Indunil Jayasooriya wrote:
>> > Now I want to know which is better for productiuon enviroment?
>> >
>> > Squid as a Parent proxy or HAVP as Paernt proxy ?
>> >
>> It's up to you to decide and both are 'supported' and documented on the
>> havp website.
>> Usually i use HAVP as a parent proxy for Squid because squid can use
>> authentication programs (like ntlm that i use a lot in M$ networks) and
>> can handle blacklist, ACLs etc ... so squid does all the job and havp is
>> just used one step further just for the antivirus stuff ....
>> On the other hand, every is logged in squid log file and i can genereate
>> reports easily with sarg (also available in the rpmforge repo )
>

> Thanks a lot. Having kept SQUID in front of HAVP, I now run HAVP as a
> PARENT
> PROXY as SQUID CAN HANDLE MANY THINGS. This is the first time I use HAVP
> and
> am happy the way it works. But I am still new to HAVP. So I wnat to discuss
> below 3 lines I have added to squid.conf.
>
> First I addedd below line to squid.conf and restarted squid deamon.
>
> cache_peer 127.0.0.1 parent 8080 0 no-query no-digest no-netdb-exchange
> default
>
> Then I browsed the web and it worked.
>

> Then I added below 2 lines to squid.conf and restarted squid deamon as
> well.
>

> acl Scan_HTTP proto HTTP
> never_direct allow Scan_HTTP

"acl" defines an access control list, and I don't know what
"never_direct" does, but you should get your answers from th Squid
documentation, either on your computer or from the Squid website.

My guess is that your rules make it do what it would do without them,
and so they have no effect.

--

Cheers
John