[CentOS] Audio File Conversion: Extract CDDA from Music CD and Save as MP3 on Hard Drive

Lanny Marcus

centos at computer2.com
Mon Feb 12 14:58:26 UTC 2007

I'm using CentOS 4.4. It looks like I can use Sound Juicer (I normally
use GNOME) or KAudio Creator in KDE to do this. I've been looking for
gstreamer-plugins-mp3 with the  Lame MP3 codec, but the files I find
quickly are for early versions of Fedora Core. If someone can give me a
URL for a version that will work on CentOS 4.4, that will be greatly
appreciated. Or, another Application that will do this job better. Goal
is to extract selected tracks from music CDs (CDDA), convert them to MP3
and save on the hard drive, for transfer to my cell phone. TIA, Lanny