[CentOS] chown command goof up

Ross S. W. Walker rwalker at medallion.com
Mon Feb 12 22:35:25 UTC 2007

Yup, just popt aliases, found in /usr/lib/rpm/rpmpopt-4.3.3

rpm     alias --setperms -q --qf '[\[ -L %{FILENAMES:shescape} \] ||
chmod %7.7{FILEMODES:octal} %{FILENAMES:shescape}\n]' \
                   --pipe "grep -v \(none\) | sed 's/chmod .../chmod /'
| sh" \
        --POPTdesc=$"set permissions of files in a package"

rpm     alias --setugids -q --qf \
        '[ch %{FILEUSERNAME:shescape} %{FILEGROUPNAME:shescape}
%{FILENAMES:shescape}\n]' \
        --pipe "(echo 'ch() { chown -- \"$1\" \"$3\";chgrp -- \"$2\"
\"$3\"; }';grep -v \(none\))|sh" \
        --POPTdesc=$"set user/group ownership of files in a package"