[CentOS] Re: Motherboard + 3ware 9650SE suggestions

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Feb 13 00:06:11 UTC 2007

Andrew Cotter spake the following on 2/12/2007 3:30 PM:
> Hello everyone!
>
> Working on putting a storage server together and wanted to get some input as
> to what motherboards have been working for people with the 3ware 9650SE-12ML
> raid board.  This is large, bulk storage, 2-tier stuff.  This will not be
> used for realtime editing of video or something, but a gig nic is almost a
> given I hope.
>
> I have an AMD chip available (AM2 slot) but I can get a new chip if needed.
>
> Side note on the 3Ware, has anyone gotten it to work on openfiler?  Can't
> figure out how to compile the driver since the kernel is a rev or two behind
> including the driver.  Will use Centos but wonld love to try and get
> openfiler working on this box.
>
> Thanks!
>

> Andrew
Openfiler is no longer based on CentOS. I think you need Rpath linux and an
account on rbuilder to develop for it.
Or you need a subscription with Voluna for the driver disks.
Sometimes you can get some help on the mailing lists.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and