[CentOS] What is/provides php-pear(PEAR)

James B. Byrne

byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Thu Feb 15 16:10:30 UTC 2007

I am running up against a less than helpful error message when trying to
install php-pear-DB (why people cannot content themselves with all
lowercase packages names escapes me, but that is a rant for another time
and place). After enableing centos-plus and adding includepkgs=php-pear-DB
I get this:

# yum install php-pear-DB
Setting up Install Process
Setting up repositories
Reducing Dag Wieers RPM Repository for Red Hat Enterprise Linux to
included packages only
Finished
Reducing CentOS-4 - Plus to included packages only
Finished
Parsing package install arguments
Resolving Dependencies
--> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
---> Package php-pear-DB.noarch 0:1.7.6-6.el4.centos set to be updated
--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: php-pear(PEAR) for package: php-pear-DB
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: php-pear(PEAR) is needed by package php-pear-DB

# yum install php-pear(PEAR)
-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('

# yum install php-pear-PEAR
Setting up Install Process
Setting up repositories
Reducing Dag Wieers RPM Repository for Red Hat Enterprise Linux to
included packages only
Finished
Reducing CentOS-4 - Plus to included packages only
Finished
Parsing package install arguments
No Match for argument: php-pear-PEAR
Nothing to do

# yum whatprovides php-pear-PEAR
Searching Packages:
Setting up repositories
Reducing Dag Wieers RPM Repository for Red Hat Enterprise Linux to
included packages only
Finished
Reducing CentOS-4 - Plus to included packages only
Finished
Importing Additional filelist information for packages
filelists.xml.gz          100% |=========================| 963 kB    00:18
Added 286 new packages, deleted 0 old in 41.20 seconds
No Matches found

So, what is php-pear(PEAR) and how do I get it installed?  Can anyone help?

Regards,
Jim

Canada  L8E 3C3