[CentOS] %include command in Kickstart

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Fri Feb 16 01:54:55 UTC 2007

Bill-Schoolcraft wrote:

> I thought there would be a way to redirect (tee) the output to both
> physical monitor and /dev/ttyS0 but have not opted to start playing with
> the kickstart system seeing we use it too much daily to afford me time
> to experiment.

You can have multiple console arguments to the kernel so it directs
tty-type output to all the consoles you mention.

One (the last, I think) is used for input, so minicom attached to
/dev/ttyS0 could be used to drive it, and folk could admire proceedings
on other consoles.

Don't forget you also have the abiltiy to use vnc and (I think) ssh to
control/monitor the progress (good for zSeries).

You still have to boot from time to time; if your install is actually
working, you can add a stanza to grub's menu to reinstall.

You can also have another partition.

--

Cheers
John