[CentOS] Clamav .90x that worked for me

rado rado at rivers-bend.com
Fri Feb 16 02:07:43 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 16:43 +0100, Dag Wieers wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, rado wrote:
>
> > I always update clamav from dag but this time it gave me fits.
> > On a clean install of clamav ver .90 that I did...after first completely
> > erasing (rpm -e clamav  ...etc for all clamav files), I then installed
> > ver 9.0 and the fix for me was to edit /etc/sysconfig/clamav-milter in 2
> > places:
> >
> > completely remove the line: dont-log-clean
> > don't just comment it out...in the flags, it has to be removed
> >
> > and also
> > on the socket line ...should start by -obl...edit it to -ol
> >
> > I think also in /etc/crond.conf you should also edit the commented line:
> > #LogClean to LogClean yes
> >
> > I didn't edit /etc/crond.conf on this machine but am fixing to right
> > now...although it works w/out it
>
> It might be more useful to send feedback to the RPMforge mailinglist :)
>
> But what you experienced is exactly why you should not update from my
> repository directly. Especially in production !
>
> Since we upgrade software, upstream changes can cause configuration
> changes and RPM packages are not intended to help you with that.

Dag, if you think that I posted that meaning to be aprehendsive toward
you, nothing could be further from the truth. I appreciate what you do
for all of us and I run very little from "stock" centos. What I do run I
get from you.

All I meant to do was to help others that might have experienced the
same problems w/this upgrade... No way is this your fault!!!!

I respect you man and there is no way that I would ever cut on you!

thx

John Rose