[CentOS] Defending againts simultanious attacks - Port Knocking

M. Fioretti mfioretti at mclink.it
Sun Feb 18 08:50:44 UTC 2007

On Sun, Feb 18, 2007 16:49:02 PM +1300, MrKiwi (mrkiwi at gmail.com)
wrote:
> >>Beware of the thread ...
> >>
> >>http://slashdot.org/it/04/02/05/1834228.shtml?tid=126&tid=172
> >>
> >>on Slashdot regarding Port Knocking - there are some good points,
> >>but loads and loads of misinformation and uninformed whining about
> >>Port Knocking lowering your overall level of security.
> >
> >May we ask you to sum up in a few lines both the good points and the
> >misinformed/whining ones?
> >
> > [...]
> That pretty much wraps it up.
>
> MrKiwi,

Whoah! Thanks for the quick and very detailed answer. I look forward
to read further comments to it from other expert sysadmins here. Me,
I'll print it out and mull it over for 3/4 days to metabolyze all the
concepts, so don't be surprised if you don't hear from me again on
this topic soon, but it is really helpful.

Thanks,
	Marco

--
The right way to make everybody love Free Standards and Free Software:
http://digifreedom.net/node/73