[CentOS] SBS2ke Ad integration

Ross S. W. Walker rwalker at medallion.com
Mon Feb 19 22:25:30 UTC 2007

Install samba-common, samba-client then,

This samba.conf works well for me for a ADS domain member scenario:

[global]
   workgroup = MFG
   security = ADS
   password server = *
   realm = MFG.PRV
   load printers = No
   max log size = 50
   passdb backend = tdbsam
   use kerberos keytab = Yes
   allow trusted domains = No
   idmap gid = 100000-999999
   idmap uid = 100000-999999
   template homedir = /home/%U
   template shell = /bin/bash
   winbind enum groups = Yes
   winbind enum users = Yes
   winbind use default domain = Yes

Here's my krb5.conf:

[logging]
 default = FILE:/var/log/krb5libs.log
 kdc = FILE:/var/log/krb5kdc.log

[libdefaults]
 default_realm = MFG.PRV
 dns_lookup_realm = true
 dns_lookup_kdc = true
 ticket_lifetime = 24h
 renew_lifetime = 7d
 forwardable = yes
 renewable = yes

[realms]
 MFG.PRV = {
   kdc = mfg.prv:88
   admin_server = mfg.prv:749
   default_domain = mfg.prv
 }

[domain_realm]
 .mfg.prv = MFG.PRV
 mfg.prv = MFG.PRV

[kdc]
 profile = /var/kerberos/krb5kdc/kdc.conf

[appdefaults]
 pam = {
   debug = false
   ticket_lifetime = 24h
   renew_lifetime = 7d
   forwardable = true
   renewable = true
   krb4_convert = false
 }

Here's my nsswitch.conf:

#
# /etc/nsswitch.conf
#
# An example Name Service Switch config file. This file should be
# sorted with the most-used services at the beginning.
#
# The entry '[NOTFOUND=return]' means that the search for an
# entry should stop if the search in the previous entry turned
# up nothing. Note that if the search failed due to some other reason
# (like no NIS server responding) then the search continues with the
# next entry.
#
# Legal entries are:
#
#       nis or yp               Use NIS (NIS version 2), also called YP
#       dns                     Use DNS (Domain Name Service)
#       files                   Use the local files
#       db                      Use the local database (.db) files
#       compat                  Use NIS on compat mode
#       hesiod                  Use Hesiod for user lookups
#       ldap                    Use LDAP (only if nss_ldap is installed)
#       nisplus or nis+         Use NIS+ (NIS version 3), unsupported
#       [NOTFOUND=return]       Stop searching if not found so far
#

# To use db, put the "db" in front of "files" for entries you want to be
# looked up first in the databases
#
# Example:
#passwd:    db files ldap nis
#shadow:    db files ldap nis
#group:     db files ldap nis

passwd:     files winbind
shadow:     files
group:      files winbind

#hosts:     db files ldap nis dns
hosts:      files dns

# Example - obey only what ldap tells us...
#services:  ldap [NOTFOUND=return] files
#networks:  ldap [NOTFOUND=return] files
#protocols: ldap [NOTFOUND=return] files
#rpc:       ldap [NOTFOUND=return] files
#ethers:    ldap [NOTFOUND=return] files

bootparams: files
ethers:     files
netmasks:   files
networks:   files
protocols:  files
rpc:        files
services:   files
netgroup:   files
publickey:  files
automount:  files
aliases:    files

Here's my pam.d/system-auth:

auth        required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_env.so
auth        sufficient    /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so likeauth nullok
auth        sufficient    /lib/security/$ISA/pam_krb5.so use_first_pass
auth        required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_deny.so

account     required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so broken_shadow
account     sufficient    /lib/security/$ISA/pam_succeed_if.so uid < 100
quiet
account     [default=bad success=ok user_unknown=ignore]
/lib/security/$ISA/pam_krb5.so
account     required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_permit.so

password    requisite     /lib/security/$ISA/pam_cracklib.so retry=3
password    sufficient    /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so nullok
use_authtok md5 shadow
password    sufficient    /lib/security/$ISA/pam_krb5.so use_authtok
password    required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_deny.so

session     required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_limits.so
session     required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so
session     optional      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_krb5.so

My pam.d/login:

#%PAM-1.0
auth       required     pam_securetty.so
auth       required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
auth       required     pam_nologin.so
account    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
password   required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
# pam_selinux.so close should be the first session rule
session    required     pam_selinux.so close
session    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    required     pam_loginuid.so
session    required     pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/skel umask=0077
silent
session    optional     pam_console.so
# pam_selinux.so open should be the last session rule
session    required     pam_selinux.so open

My pam.d/remote:

#%PAM-1.0
auth       required     pam_securetty.so
auth       required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
auth       required     pam_nologin.so
account    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
password   required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
# pam_selinux.so close should be the first session rule
session    required     pam_selinux.so close
session    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    required     pam_loginuid.so
session    required     pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/skel umask=0077
silent
session    optional     pam_console.so
# pam_selinux.so open should be the last session rule
session    required     pam_selinux.so open

My pam.d/sshd:

#%PAM-1.0
auth       required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
auth       required     pam_nologin.so
account    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
password   required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    required     pam_loginuid.so
session    required     pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/skel umask=0077
silent

After the files are setup just join the domain with:

net ads join -U <admin user>

Set winbind to start with, chkconfig winbind on

Start the winbind server, service winbind start

And you should be all set to have ADS users log on to the system.

-Ross