[CentOS] Re: Problem with some SMTP MTAs

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Tue Feb 20 21:15:17 UTC 2007

Edward Milstein eddiem5 at yahoo.com

On Tue Feb 20 17:46:15 UTC 2007, Edward Milstein eddiem5 at yahoo.com wrote:

> Do you mind sharing how you implemented the drop list as a access.db
> filter??  How did you represent the various network blocks??

No. I don't mind, but the resulting access file is about 1650 lines long
and would be of no interest to anyone who does not run sendmail.  If you
desire then I will send it to you as an attachment.

the access.db does not handle CIDRs so one has to convert the DROP list to
all of the included B or C netblocks. For example something like
A.B.64.0/21
would result in access entries:

# A.B.64.0/21 - Spamhaus DROP entry
A.B.64     REJECT