[CentOS] php version 4.4 / ez publish

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Thu Feb 22 02:28:45 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-20 at 13:47 +0000, Peter Farrell wrote:
> Fine. Fair point regarding the generality of simplicity and systems
> management
> for newer users.
>
> I'll leave it at that.

Well ... not trying to be a butt head ... BUT

when you build your distro ... you can tell people that installing items
from source is a good idea.

Since this is our distro ... we will tell people that is "Absolutely
Evil" and suggest to people who want to do it that they should shift to
Gentoo if they like building stuff :D

OK ... maybe not, and there might be a reason to build your own
stuff ... BUT, it mostly causes problems and should not be done unless
there is not another alternative.  At least that is what the official
word around here is.

<snip>