[CentOS] Centos package to export to eps format

Ross S. W. Walker rwalker at medallion.com
Fri Feb 23 20:57:04 UTC 2007

Yes! It's called cups+ghostscript, there is also a cups filter floating
arounds called cups-pdf which does the leg work for you.

Basically cups presents a Postscript printer to the network, pick any
good color postscript printer, (add samba for windows printing support
and ads publishing) the client machine connects, converts the documents
into Postscript for printing, but instead of going to a postscript
printer it sends it to ghostscript's ps2pdf converter.

You can add your own little flare to it. I had one running once that
would drop the job on a Samba share and send an email with a link to it,
you could do the same with Apache, use SSL if it has confidential info,
make the name an md5 hash of the document, set a cron job to purge all
pdfs > 24 hours old. You get the idea.

-Ross