[CentOS] CentOS 4.4 on Dell PE 6400 - not rebooting ...

Morten Torstensen morten at mortent.org
Sat Feb 24 08:46:18 UTC 2007

Joe Kazura wrote:
> Sadly - I had not ...
>
> BUT - I just tried "acpi=off" and no difference.
>
>> Have you tried booting the box (and then rebooting) with one/some/all
>> of the various APIC/ACPI options? e.g. "noapic noacpi apic=off
>> acpi=off"?

People should use "acpi=off" as their last option, not the first :) ACPI
is really useful!

For your reboot problems... try to add "reboot=bios" or "reboot=triple"
instead.

--

//Morten Torstensen
//Email: morten at mortent.org
//IM: Cartoon at jabber.no morten.torstensen at gmail.com

And if it turns out that there is a God, I don't believe that he is evil.
The worst that can be said is that he's an underachiever.