[CentOS] CentOS 4.4 on Dell PE 6400 - not rebooting ...

Joe Kazura joe.kazura at unh.edu
Sun Feb 25 13:20:40 UTC 2007

On Feb 24, 2007, at 11:15 AM, Paul Heinlein wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Feb 2007, Craig White wrote:
>
>> If I had just one complaint about CentOS developers (and
>> admittedly, I do not dwell on it), it is the nasty tone that leaks
>> out from time to time. This instance, it was Johnny which is
>> somewhat rare for him, occasionally from Jim, and it used to be
>> somewhat frequent from Karanbir but he has taken a lower profile
>> the past few months.
>
> People who *care* about what they produce will share the same
> emotions (sometimes, utter frustration :-) as those who care about
> the OS providing the IT services on which their jobs depend. :-)
>
> The CentOS developers do such a fine job, and the signal:noise
> ratio on this list so high, that the occasional outburst is imo
> nothing more than a random, ignorable spike.
>
>> - thanks Jim, Johnny, Russ, Karanbir, Lance and the others that I
>> failed to acknowledge. Your efforts are surely appreciated by
>> everyone on this list even if we fail to express it.
>
> Hear, hear!

I SECOND THAT!

In my previous post RE: RHEL 4 ...

I never get past installation!  With CentOS 4.4 I'm able to use the
machine just fine - with the reboot exception - which I HAD HOPED was
just an oddball setting on this Dell hardware.

Being relatively new to the CentOS world - I'm guessing the
developers work long, lonely hours and do it for the love of the code
& OS along with the ideas and ideals it represents.

Three Cheers (and some espresso) for ALL of their efforts!

Joe