[CentOS] Jumping from FC2

Jay Leafey jay.leafey at mindless.com
Mon Feb 26 00:32:04 UTC 2007

Lanny Marcus wrote:

> As a Desktop user, the only "issue" I have with CentOS 4.4 is that
> Digital Audio (audio from music Cd's, via the EIDE ribbon cables from
> the DVD-ROM and CD-RW drives) does not work while using CentOS 4.4 and
> it does work, when using MS Windows XP. I hope that will change with the
> Kernel in CentOS 5.0!

I may be wrong, but I think this has more to do with the CD player application you are using rather than the kernel.  Like you I was
quite annoyed to find the CD Player (Gnome-CD) could control the CD but didn't provide any audio on my machine since I did not have
the analog audio cable installed on my machine.  I later started using xmms instead because it DOES do digital audio using just the
IDE cable.

Hope that helps!
--
Jay Leafey - Memphis, TN