[CentOS] Upgraded BackupPC (3.0.0) in the Testing Repository

Mon Feb 26 15:32:39 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-26 at 15:38 +0100, Dag Wieers wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Feb 2007, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>
> > There is an upgraded BackupPC in the testing repository.  It is version
> > 3.0.0, which was released in January.
> >
> > The setup differences between version 2.1.2 and this version is that
> > some file directories have shifted locations:
> >
> > 1.  /var/lib/backuppc/conf is now instead /etc/BackupPC/
> >
> > 2.  /var/lib/backuppc/log is now /var/log/BackupPC
>
> As a packager, I would seriously consider removing the mixed-case from the
> directory names (and package name) and contact backuppc about this fact.
>
> In Unix we have a tendency to not use uppercase or mixed case for a
> specific reason and applications shouldn't mandate new standards or poison
> existing standards, more than they already have. (/etc/X11 comes to mind)

I do not disagree with this at all ... however, there is much
documentation written that becomes worthless if I change those aspects
of the program (location of config files, and logs, etc.).

I certainly could change all those things (I did add 64bit arch support,
for example) ... but I do not want to also then rewrite all docs, etc.